A Piece for your day(Short Stories, Poetry et al)

Tuesday 16 January 2018

NNENNA


I've most desired a beautiful lady with tall daring ambitions and soaring dreams to call my own. 
This steaming thought appears to have mapped itself on my bedroom ceiling.
Everyday as I retire to my bed in my favorite positions, awaiting the sandman to shut my eyes and send me to shangri-la, these thoughts would rain down all over my face. 
I stay awake, wide awake, eyes glued to the little cracks in the white, the little cracks in these thoughts. 
Rather than count sheep, I count scenes in this none ending hallucination.


On my way home from an assignment, I thought I'd gone crazy when I looked out the window and saw her. 
NNENNA was brilliant, classy and elegant, and she soared the skies with proud arrogant beauty.
She's a high flier, and she sailed the winds and mingled with the clouds. 
Even the sun blushed and hide it's smile behind the clouds. 
I'd love her, but her heart doesn't pump blood so I dared not.
And yes I glided across the skies with her(in her), she was kind enough to carry me along. 
Her servants were nice too, their smiles were like tattoos on their faces.
I admired one of them too, but I do not know what they dream of at night, I couldn't see beyond their beaming glee. 
I didn't really think I'd have the chance to ask. 
Thus I kept my eyes on NNENNA, her dreams I can see.





@flyairpeace 🖒 #igboamaka #Blackboythinking #AfricanPoetry

No comments:

Post a Comment